With equal amounts of spicy, sweet AND savory, these popcorn clusters are literally everything you could want in a delicious dessert.
INGREDIENTS- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4oz bag Protes Light Butter Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In large bowl, mix popcorn and peanuts.
- [SPICE MIXTURE] In separate bowl, mix spices (salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder & sugar).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- [CARAMEL SAUCE] Melt butter in medium pop over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup to butter and stir well until thickened (about 6-8 minutes).
- Add half of the spice mixture to caramel sauce along with baking powder and stir well to combine.
- While caramel sauce still warm, pour over popcorn and peanut mixture, then stir to coat popcorn thoroughly.
- Spread popcorn on baking sheet in clusters (or balls if preferred)
- Sprinkle remaining spice mixture.
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy!